NEWSFLASH! It's Winter... Oh & We Live In New England!

Welp, it's that time of year again. The temperature is droppin' and people are updating every status on all social media to let y'all know exactly HOW cold it is outside. I mean, why bother having a weather app on your phone? You could probably save a few bucks on your electricity bill by not turning on your TV to find out what the temperature will be outside. Just fire up your Twitter/Facebook app, scroll away and find out how to dress "weather appropriate" before you step outside.


*scroll*

"it's Snowing." 

*scroll*

"oh hey snow!" 

*continue to scroll*

"It's snowing again?" 

Soooo, Let me guess... it's snowing out?


The only reason I feel as though I can talk "crap" about this, is because once upon a time, I used to complain about the weather too (Let's be real, I still do SOMEtimes). BUT in my defense, I had just moved back from Miami, so I had a year and some change to adjust back to this insidious icebox known as the North East. We all know the weather can be ridiculously unpredictable and living here, it should be FAR from "shocking" when it's a blizzard one day and flooding the next because the temperature rose and then dropped 30+ degrees in a matter of 24 hours.

Of course, I'm sure those who live in warmer climates are watching those weather reports, posting how warm it is, saying shit like, "Wish you were here!" Yeah, RIGHT! We all know they're really doing this....


Now, in no way am I saying I'm "innocent" when it comes to informing the masses of what the current weather report. And yes, I will complain to those within an earshot of how cold it is out side, for maybe 30 seconds. I mean, if I'm sitting inside my car waiting for it to heat up and the temperature gauge reads in the single digits, I'll let you know... BUT given where I live, I can promise you I won't post about the weather every time it changes. We live in New England. We should be well aware of Mother Nature's Hot Flashes/Cold Sweats by now & be pretty well prepared for it!




So next time you want to let the masses know about the weather every time it changes, I can pretty much bet my school loans (yeahhhh) that they already know!

Stay warm! xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What It Means To Be From Boston... It's More Than Just An Accent

Some Things I Will Never Understand...

It's About Being A Human... Period.