2016: All of the Travel... Domestically Speaking

2016 was a mixed bag of a lot of things. The one thing that stuck out the most: how much time I spent 30,000ft above the ground. I thought it'd be cool to "chronicle" my time in the air, and on the ground, and what may (or may not) be in store for 2017! ☺

Key West, FL - January 4th - 9th
First trip of the New Year. It was not the warmest weather that southern Florida could've provided for us, however it was fun. The hotel was right on a canal so we had a "water view" every day. The food was really good and I don't think I've ever walked up and down Duval St. as many times as I did within these 5 days. The Flying Monkey was the most commonly visited "spot", the Hemingway House was cool, but I can live without all of the cats that were there, and the ghost tours were cheesy but cool overall.


 

Seattle, WA - February 5th - 7th
I love this place! Despite having the most severe allergic reaction to the detergent used by the hotel we were staying at (it was BAD, Hitch-status if you will), this was a low-key, fun trip. Visited a few places I hadn't been to on my previous trips and even though it was rainy for most of the trip (duh), it was good to get out of Boston... again!

 

Los Angeles, CA - April 8th - 10th
The Boo's birthday weekend! It was a lot of fun. This was also my first time staying at an AirBNB. Ps, if you use them, be sure to check "Entire Home" option, do not leave it defaulted to the "Shared Space".  Went to Disney Land for the first time. It was fun to see where the "Magic" began but Disney World will forever have my heart. Met up with some cool folks and overall, California didn't disappoint!

 
 

New Orleans, LA - April 30th - May 4th
My 1st Trip to New Orleans! Met up with one of my homies (whom I so lovingly refer to has my BroMo) who showed me the ins & outs of the place she grew up. I wasn't restricted to the Bayou; we also went to Lafayette and saw a kick ass sunset at the swamp and went to Baton Rouge where I met a host of cool people. Did the "Touristy" stuff: went to Cafe du Monde and ingested WAY too many Beignets (which is basically fried dough, but don't tell the locals that!), went to the jazz festival in a thunderstorm, skated through the French Quarter even with signs that said "No Skateboarding" (oops!), rode the trolley, saw a sink hole (yeah, that was a "thing") and just had an amazing time! 

 
 
 
 

Port Angeles, WA - August 19th - 26th 
West Coastin' yet again! After a summer full of classes, I spent a week on the west coast. I met some new/cool people, and roadtripped about a 3rd of the state (or at least it felt that way). Went to a little German town called Leavenworth, which is absolutely gorgeous! Also visited a place called Winthrop, and no, it was not "by the sea", but actually in the middle of the desert! It was pretty cool! 

 
 
Phoenix, AZ - September 9th - 12th 
Birthday trip coupled with the 1st NE Pats game of the season, I took this trip with my friends from high school. In the kind of heat that would make the devil uncomfortable, I spent my days drinking by the pool, getting a tan I could never get in a summer back home, and reconnecting with friends I've had forever while cheering for our hometown team in a building that was (thankfully) filled with AC! With a Pats win (& this was without Brady), I'd say this trip was a success!

 
 
 

Dallas, TX - September 16th - 18th
Back on the plane a week later, I meet up with my BroMo (from New Orleans) while also meeting a crop of some really amazing people! Went to the NOH8 photo shoot, ate WAY too much good food, and went to the Pride celebration in 95+ degree heat. Slept on the most comfortable couch my body has ever laid on and overall just had a great time shootin' the shizz and making all of the memories!

 
 
 

Seattle, WA - November 11th - 14th
Back to the west coast, yet again! AirBNB'd it again this time... MUCH better experience! Went to a place called Snoqualmie Falls. It was absolutely breathtaking and worth the drive out there. This was yet another little weekend getaway from Boston and given that it was near the end of the semester, it was MUCH needed!

 

December - Stayed my @$$ home!
Finished my semester like a BOSS and figured that I'd chill on the traveling (mom said to) and start planning / saving for next year!
Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal!


Shoutouts!:
  • Thank you Erryca for introducing me to TSA precheck! This has LEGIT saved my (travel) life! Being able to go to the airport an hour before my flight, breeze through security and board the plane with minimal "wait" time is fanFRICKINtastic!
  • JetBlue for being the airline of ALL airlines! They are amazing, and yes I might be a bit bias, HOWEVER, they really are a kickass airline! Plus, the TrueBlue points come in handy, like WHOA!
  • To those I visited and let me stay with them while on my adventures! You all are the real MVP <3
Of course I already have stuff planned for next year (I think it's the Virgo in me).
Here are some places I plan on going to in 2017:
  • Seattle (duh)
  • St. Louis
  • New Orleans (again)
  • Virginia Beach
  • Orlando
  • The Caribbean
  • Huntington Beach 
Image result for that's it 

For Now... xoxox ☺

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What It Means To Be From Boston... It's More Than Just An Accent

It's About Being A Human... Period.

Some Things I Will Never Understand...