How Target Takes All Of My Money... & Why I'm Not THAT Upset About It...



This won't be a "political"/"current events" type of post or any kind of post that makes you use too much brain power. I basically just wanted to ramble for a little bit about the Love/Hate relationship I have... with Target stores. I'm pretty confident I'm not the only one.

I promise not to bore you TOO much because I have way too many Target stories/adventures, as I'm sure many of you do, but this one trip in particular really made me think... how does Target DO that? How do they take... basically ALL of my money and why I'm not that upset about it when I walk out of their store? Maybe it's the layout of their store. Maybe it's the ads. Maybe it's the simplicity of their logo. Who flipping knows.

ANYways, after visiting a family member, my momma and I made the decision to stop off at Target "really quick" to pick up 3 items. JUST 3. I mean, for the love of Pete, we wrote it down so we were forced to stick to the list: Vitamins, Fabreeze & a thank you card. THAT'S IT.... right? Nope. 

So my mother and I proceed to get a basket (bad life choice #1), go through the women's section (bad life choice #2) & I proceed to pick up some leggings because let's be real, 4 pairs is not NEARLY enough. I also pick out a shirt that's Disney themed (no shock to those that know me) I may wear 3 times in the next year, 2 packs of *clears throat* undergarments *clears throat*, several pairs of socks on clearance, a $7 BluRay DVD that for the life of me I can't remember what movie we picked out! In addition to that, I also picked up some candy, a few "tubs" of froyo (bad life choice #3), candles... which to my defense were IN the aisle the Fabreeze lived in, vitamins, allergy medicine, soap, shampoo/conditioner because I knew I was running low, but it wasn't on the list and at this point, I (clearly) didn't care about the list. The thank you card (list complete!) and gum at the register.

*insert obnoxious drum roll here*

NOW why is it that all of these items... considered small in most cases, cost me OVER $100?!?!? $122.83 to be exact! Target... WHY??? 

After spending a ridiculous amount of money on a bunch of "nothing", my ego does what it can to convince me I needed the items I just bought and that it's "okay" that I've just spent all of this money. 

*sigh*

And yet, like a bad romance (yes, the Gaga reference is necessary) I continue to go back, every week or so... to buy things I don't really need right now... but some of the stuff they have in there is just.... *sigh again* Well, I don't need to explain it to you because you, my fellow reader, have done the exact same thing, I'm sure... more than 4 times.

Bulls-eye.. 

...how appropriate.

Comments

Jenny said…
You sure have a way with words to describe a story! LOL Love it.. :)
Unknown said…
I feel the same about eBay & sneakers.

Popular posts from this blog

What It Means To Be From Boston... It's More Than Just An Accent

Some Things I Will Never Understand...

It's About Being A Human... Period.