6 Month Review, 2012's version

So much has happened in the last 6 months that if nothing happened in the next 6, I wouldn't be so upset. Not likely to happen, but sometimes doing nothing is one of the greatest feelings in the world... but super temporary. So weird.

I won't bore you with too many of the details, just ones that had the most significance to me. So while for me it might not seem like a lot, you might wanna go grab a snack right about now... I'm JUST sayin...


This year started off as one of the rockiest years of my life. It was the 6th day of January, and it started with a phone call at 530 in the morning. Naturally I cursed out (in my head) whomever called, but when I was told I had to get to the MGH (for those not from mASS, it stands for Mass. General Hospital), I was there (with my mom holding my hand) before 6am.

The next several weeks were... rough, and that's putting it lightly. Being that I was my grandmother's healthcare proxy (a story not for a blog), every time the phone rang, my heart sank a little more. In 7 weeks, I went from just turning 29 to feeling like I was 40. I had grown up so much during this ordeal. Just seeing my grandmother... she was so tiny, but she had to have been the strongest most stubborn women I had ever met... and I share her DNA!! So, knowing this, there was no need to be sad (I mean, I am human, and what's more emotional, a VIRGO!), and seeing her face all of this adversity with a relaxed attitude, I figured just being there was enough... more than enough. And I know deep in my heart, she appreciated it.

I lost my grandmother on the 21st day of February. For as long as I live, that day will suck! The wound is still very fresh when I talk about her. I was with her every day, when I wasn't sick; I mean it was "winter" so to speak. I listened to her jokes, watched her light up when I walked into her (hospital) room, held her hand before her surgery and reassured her that she would be okay... A HUGE task for someone having just turned 29. It felt too much to handle, but I suppose if it was "too much" the universe wouldn't have thrown it at my life. After telling her that I love her very much, her last words to me... "I love you too, Trina Nina"... I'll always love you Nan... Always!

Okay *wipes tears*, on to the random moments of my life for the last 6 months. The "cliffnotes" version, if you will...(and in no particular order):

~Got two (more) tattoos. On my hip bones. Lord knows I MUST'VE been crazy to get them there. There are days where a twinge of regret kicks me (in those bones), saying "Why couldn't you get them where you can't see them?" I kicked the regret back and told her to STFU! Because let's be honest, a guy wouldn't say some shit like that!

~Recovered from ankle surgery. What's killer about it? I wasn't even dancing when it happened, though everyone that asked me what happened to it said I should use Dance as my story. I figured my two left feet was enough of a "story".

~Went back to Miami... Didn't have the "Miami" experience I was looking for. I mean, I had lived there so nothing was "new" to me. Afterall, my Nan was still sick and a part of me felt guilty for being down there, but there were several women down there who made me feel back at "home", and for that, I thank you all! I'll be back <--not in an Arnold voice though, because....ewww!!

~Performed with my dance crew in NYC (if you're friends with me on facebook you've seen all of THAT media)! To say it was a bonding experience would be the understatment of the century! Seriously...

~Bought a SURFBOARD!! and I can't wait to take her out this summer! I've named her PEARL, with the help of my surfer girl friend, Celina! Thanks Chica! This summer is gonna be Awesome!

~I'm An AUNTIE (again)!! Her name is Alexis Brianna and I cannot wait to meet her! <3

~Had some "Come To Jesus" moments... Which when you're getting ready to turn 30, you have more than you expect. You learn things about yourself you didn't think you would until you were well IN your thirties vs. learning about them while you're knocking on thirties door. And once you've recognized these moments, there's no going back. I'm okay with that... at least I am at the present moment. We'll see how I feel in September ;)

~Strengthened my relationship with both my mom & my dad...  I've come to learn that they have got SO much wisdom between the two of them, so I might as well tap into it while I can. They really are amazing and by some strange alignment in the universe, they got ME as a daughter... yeah, I'm STILL praying for them ;) *insert chuckle here*


My life has been quite the rollercoaster the last 6 months. I've only shared some of these events because at some point you have to keep some things to yourself... plus there's an issue of boredom and that's the WORST when someone is reading your stuff! *thumbs down*

I have to constantly remind myself to be grateful for what I have... not easy given I'm an only child and even at 29 I'm still very much used to getting my way. But the time has come where growing up has to happen. I'm not too worried about it though... I'll still randomly dance behind my coworkers without them knowing (Yes, I've done that to ALL of them!), I'll still crack a joke no one laughs at, and I don't think I could ever sleep without my pillow pets, but the time for letting the petty shit eat away from me has got to go... I actually think I can see it on a ship sailing into the horizon, & I'm chuckin' up muh DEUCES!!

Welp, it's about that time. Gotta get ready for a day where I have no clue what's gonna happen. Should be interesting to say the least.

Until my next "installment", poetry flow and/or life event(s),
Peace & MUCH Love,
Katrina xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What It Means To Be From Boston... It's More Than Just An Accent

Some Things I Will Never Understand...

It's About Being A Human... Period.